From Ann Coulter to the (American) National Association Opposed to Women’s Suffrage, here are a handful of ludicrous reasons why women, bless their uteruses, should not vote:
- There is…no method known by which mud-stained reputation may be cleaned after bitter political campaigns.
- BECAUSE 90% of the women either do not want it, or do not care.
- BECAUSE it means competition of women with men instead of co-operation.
- BECAUSE 80% of the women eligible to vote are married and can only double or annul their husband’s votes.
- BECAUSE it can be of no benefit commensurate with the additional expense involved.
- BECAUSE in some States more voting women than voting men will place the Government under petticoat rule.
- BECAUSE it is unwise to risk the good we already have for the evil which may occur.
- “If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president. It’s kind of a pipe dream, it’s a personal fantasy of mine, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.” –Ann Coulter
- “The modern religion of the West—political correctness—is every feminine vice writ large: bossy, deceitful, petty, and false. Almost everything that is wrong with modern life can be traced to the decline of masculine virtues and their replacement with feminine vices. For civilisation itself is the triumph of masculine energy, vision, and courage.” –Return of Kings, a misogynistic website notorious for promoting “Men’s Rights” and advocating the rape of women.